The Project Management Institute (PMI) has defined a set of criteria enabling the corporate across the globe to recognize the Project Management Professionals (PMPs). The rigorous process of PMI certification involves three to five recorded years of project management work experience, 35 hours of training in the arena and the clearing of the multiple-choice PMP Exam. There are seven easy and proven ways to get through the PMI certification.
1. PMP Credential Handbook available online for free presents an overview of the PMI certification program and exam procedures. A thorough reading of the book will get through the process of examination with ease.
2. PMP examination material is quite vast and last minute cramming will never help you. Accommodate 2-3 hours a day over 10-12 weeks for preparations.
3. Right from the beginning of the preparation, proceed with a solid study plan and work schedule broken in bits allotted for each day. Be sincere to complete the set target as you proceed and take as many practice tests as possible.
4. The syllabus for the PMP examinations is fully based on the PMBOK Guide, 4th Edition specifically covering areas including communication, human resources, cost management, risk, scope, quality, integration, procurement, and time management. During the course of preparation, understand the topics in relation to the others.
5. There are a number of Self Study Courses available online that will help busy professionals to go through the course within a short time. However, you need to make an informed decision in choosing the right ones by consulting those who had made success already. PMP podcasts and video casts also will be useful.
6. Popular PMP Exam Prep Books or study guides will be of immense help to understand the dry concepts with illustrations. Visit a shop to choose the right one to help you out.
7. There are a number of sources over the net that will give you hundreds of sample questions meant for PMP examination. To access as many questions as possible, you can subscribe to PMP Exam Simulator that will make your search easy.
While preparing for the PMP certification examination, you need to make yourself complacent and do a comprehensive review. There are a number of ways in which you can further enhance your knowledge of the subject including attending PMP workshops, project management training courses, seminars and other related PMP course options. Besides concentrating on the technical aspects of the course, you need to carefully gather valuable tips available from the examination which will be useful to you later to deal with highly challenging and stressful situations occurring in your profession.